Monday, March 21, 2016

Many Layers = Abstract Art


Not too long ago, I started an Instagram account.  And boy oh boy, and I am having TONS of fun over there.

I absolutely LOVE looking at all sorts of art on Instagram.  It is so much fun.  It's fun, also, to learn the different techniques that artists use.  One of the artists that I follow, creates his abstracts using many, many layers.... adding the paint, as well as taking off the paint.  So, I thought I would give it a try, and this is the result of my first attempt.  I'm thinking that I like this one.  It's different for me.

Happy Painting Everyone.

Until next time,

Joan


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila. It was really fun creating it. I think I will try more in this very style.

      Delete
  2. Joan, I do the same thing, adding paint and taking it off! I love this piece you are creating!!! Big Hugs!
    (I miss seeing everyone on Facebook! and as you know, I'm not on Instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Stacy. I knew you added many, many layers but I didn't realize you took off layers, too!!! It sure is a fun process, isn't it?

      Delete