Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Iris Scott's FREE finger painting tutorial. It's amazing!!



Last week, my daughter send me a facebook message letting me know of an article that one of our local TV stations did on an artist by the name of Iris Scott.  It was a good article, so I checked out her website and there she offers a FREE tutorial showing her 'finger painting' technique!!  It is pretty amazing!  She uses her fingers as brushes!  Well, I wasn't as home near my paints, so I grabbed my handy dandy iPad and started the tutorial.  Talk about FUN.  Iris is an amazing instructor.  I thoroughly enjoyed learning her finger painting technique.  In addition to the FREE tutorial, she also has a book.  It is only $15 at Amazon!  So I purchased it and cannot wait to try the five tutorials in the book!!  It's really fun using my pad to create, however, I simply cannot wait to try this technique using real paints!

Until next time,

Joan

6 comments:

  1. So cool Joan! Thanks for sharing! I am having fun, not painting with brushes! LOL! I never thought using a deck of cards, you could create so many different lines! Now, I am going to start using my fingers! LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It is pretty neat discovering different tools to use for creating!! Cards are a real good one, too. Enjoy your day. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Hey I just went to your shop, you sold another painting! Yeh! Doing my happy dance! Are you ready for the shop changes on April 5th? I am almost done my about page and I have to take a picture of me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Another one sold. It is SO exciting!! I will have to see...I'm not sure about the changes. I'm behind with ETSY news.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...is her book ever great!! I'm loving it. It is so fun discovering new artists to be inspired by!!

      Delete