Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta - Day #9

"Bunny Love"

Here is my painting for Day #9 of Leslie Saeta's September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge. 

This one is called "Bunny Love".  The Graphics Fairy is a wonderful website where you can find tons of images to use that are royalty free.  I have used The Graphics Fairy from time to time and for this month's challenge I thought it would be fun to paint one of my favorite images from that site. 

"Bunny Love" is painted using acrylics and glazing medium on a piece of pine that I had cut at our local hardware store.  I purposely made the painting smaller so that I could add 'a frame' if you will.  I am pleasantly surprised and very excited at how this one has turned out.  I really took my time with this one.

When McKenna was a little girl, she had a little white stuffed bunny and she named "Bunny".  I think that is why I was drawn to this particular image.  McKenna's "Bunny" went everywhere McKenna did.   "Bunny" even had his very own house with furniture, a car and even a garage.  At the time, "Bunny" worked for Microsoft, too.  "Bunny" was part of the family for many years! 

Hope you enjoy today's painting!  On to Day #10.  I think I will use an image from The Graphics Fairy again.  Here is a close up:



Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan


My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me

6 comments:

  1. She is lovely!!! Every child has it's favorite stuffed animal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol. Yes, indeed they do!! McKenna actually had a few. Me....too long ago to remember :o) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Joan this is wonderful. I love the frame, and the texture in it. Her hair, the light is beautiful. Her rosy cheeks, her small hand, look so soft. Heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. This one took some time, and it was so enjoyable to paint. It's fun when paintings have special meanings to them. Thanks for stopping by. Good luck with Day #10.

      Delete
  3. This is so precious! Another painting, I truly love! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Stacy. Thank you!!! There are so many wonderful images at The Graphics Fairy, and I am so happy they are royalty free images, too. Sure am enjoying the line/grid method! Thanks for visiting. Love your visits!! :o)

      Delete