Monday, September 8, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta

Deep in Thought

Today is the start of week number two already with Leslie Saeta's September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge! 

Okay, here we are at Day #8 and the start of a brand new week.  Boy, sure wished I would have chosen a theme...but whoa is me...I am winging it! 

Today's painting is called "Deep In Thought".  While I was painting this one, I was most definitely deep in thought.  When I finished this painting, boy oh boy if she didn't look deep in thought, too. 

This one was painted on a pine board that I had cut to size at our local hardware store.  This is a mixed-media painting using acrylics.  It's a lot of fun adding papers to the surface to see what sorts of textures appear. 

Now, on to figuring out what in the world to paint for Day #9. 

Wish me luck! 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me

8 comments:

  1. oh how fun, 30 paintings in 30 days
    what a big challenge
    this is wonderful and i love the title

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tammie! Yes indeed - this challenge is lots of fun. I really enjoy participating. Happy Day to you!

      Delete
  2. She is definitely deep in thought... love the tilt of her head and her eyes!!! With your imagination I am sure #9 will fly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Carol. Thanks for visiting and for your kind words. I enjoy reading them. My goodness, can you believe tomorrow will be Day #9!! Happy Painting to you!

      Delete
  3. Joan this is wonderful. I love her long neck, your bold colors, and the little bit of framing you have going on. The texture in her skin makes me think of ancient Egyptian paintings. BE-U-TEE-FUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sheila, Thanks!! Sure do love to read your feedback, you always notice neat things I don't see. It's fun visiting with you!! :o)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy. Yep... I was very deep in thought when painting this one, and I really think it is SO cool how when painting sometimes our moods are reflected in the final results! Love these sort of magical times!!! Enjoy your day and thank you for stopping by. xo

      Delete