Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta

Charlotte

Man!  Does time fly by!!  Already on Day #7 of Leslie Saeta's September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge.  Can't believe one week is completed. 

Meet Charlotte.  Today's painting is a result of an awesome photo my daughter, McKenna took of a spider on it's web.  McKenna LOVES taking macro shots and she especially loves taking photos of spiders and their webs.  Here she took a macro shot -- notice the bokeh?  notice the spider web?  Isn't is cool how her photo turned out?  When McKenna showed me this photo, I immediately thought how it looked like a painting!  So, I tried my hand at painting from her awesome photo.  What cha think?  Did I come close? 

Here is an image of McKenna's photograph of the spider:





Happy Sunday Everyone! 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I just LOVE her photographs....think I will see what else she has :o)

      Delete
  2. So where is McKenna's photo blog??! I am shivering, 'cuz you have both creeped me out. I can handle snakes, ants, bugs of most kinds, frogs... but I can not handle spiders. YUCK! I kill them with force and velocity! ha ha BUT this photo is really kinda cool. The light is WOW! And Joan you did such a great interpretation of it! Right down to the hairs on it's chiny chin.... legs. Great job you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sheila. I will have to get the URL to her photo blog for you. It's late right now, so I can do this tomorrow.

      SO sorry to creep you out...didn't mean to do that. I know how you feel though, I used to be freaked out by spiders and such, but I tell ya, McKenna photographs them so often that the little critters don't seem to bother me anymore. Now...if you are talkin' "BATS"!!!!!! YIKES and YUCK!!!! Me and Bats ---- no way! :o) Thanks for stopping by!! Love talking with you. :o) You always put a smile on my face!!!!!

      Delete
  3. That's just how I like spiders.....in paintings or photographs. Great treatment of the bokeh! Yes week gone. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I know... this challenge is going by too fast! Have fun with Day #8. Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  4. That photo is so cool! I love it!!
    And, your painting is brilliant Joan!
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Yep - McKenna just loves taking photos!! And I love seeing them. There are so many that I think look like paintings!! Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy your visits. XO

      Delete