Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta

Rise and Shine
It's Day #3 of Leslie Saeta's September 2014 - 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

For today, I wanted to try my hand at painting a Rooster.  Roosters are so colorful and I LOVE using lots of color when I paint.

"Rise and Shine" was painted using acrylics on a 5 x 7 canvas board.  I also used a tool for applying sgraffito designs.

It's already day #3 and I'm scrambling to keep up!  Wish me luck as we have 27 more days to go.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me

8 comments:

  1. Love this Joan! Your colors are always so fabulous! Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, your rooster is gorgeous! The colors pop out, which I love! And the texture you got with the brush work and sgraffito marks are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Pat! Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your very kind words. I'm sure glad Leslie is hosting this challenge again as it is so much fun. Good Luck with the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful... Beautiful bright colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to do it Joan! I wish you luck ;o)
    I LOVE your rooster ;o) So cute!
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yipee! So far, so good!! :o) Thanks Stacy, I will need it. Have a great weekend.

      Delete