Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta




My Pride & Joy:  McKenna


It's Day #2 of Leslie Saeta's September 2014 - 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. 

Okay, so I'm kinda bending the rules a tad bit by completing a drawing instead of a painting.  However, I see it this way.... Leslie states that there are no rules.  She states this challenge is about having fun and developing new habits. 

Today's drawing is of my 'pride and joy', my daughter - McKenna.  I had a lot of fun pushing myself on this one.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  (I know it's not perfect... however, I'm still very pleased with it.)  What cha think?    Last year she graduated with a bachelor's degree from the University of Washington.  Here is the photo I used for my practice:





See ya for Day #3.

Happy Painting.  Cheers.  and ... Break a Bristle.

~Joan~

10 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh Joan! This portrait of your daughter is so beautiful! And I could immediately pick it out as yours before reading your blog text on Leslie's blog, because you have your own unique style and all :) Soon as I saw this image, I clicked on it and knew that it was one of your pieces. And don't worry, it doesn't have to be a painting. I'm sure Leslie would agree that pencil works too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samara. I think it's really cool that you see I have a 'style'. I kinda see it, but I'm not there 100% yet. Have fun with day #3. See you at the challenge. :o)

      Delete
  2. So lovely and so sweet!!
    Good. Luck...
    I will be doing the challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. This challenge is lots of fun, can't wait to see more of your work. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Great work Joan! I love it! Your daughter is beautiful! I love her smile!
    Congrats to her on the degree ;o)
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Me, too --- I just love her smile! Big Hugs right back @ cha! xo Thanks for stopping by! :o)

      Delete
  4. I love this Joan, and it still counts!!! What a treasure! I still have a little drawing a teacher did of me when I was in first grade I think. I think we were supposed to give it to our parents, but somewhere along the line I ended up with it. It is framed and matted, and treasured :) You captured her beauty... beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thank you so much for these wonderfully very kind words about this drawing. I'm 50/50 on it...sometimes I think "this is nice", other times I think "hmmm.... needs more work". So to receive such thoughtful words truly means a lot - thank you.

      Delete
  5. You've really captured the likeness. 30 paintings is a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sheila! It's really tense when trying to draw a family member :o) So glad it looks kinda sorta like her :o) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete