Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta - Day #18

Down the Rabbit Hole - The Mad Hatter

It's Day #18 of Leslie Saeta's September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge.

My "Down the Rabbit Hole" series all started on Day #13 when I painted a Rabbit and my daughter McKenna said it reminded her of Alice in Wonderland.  Since then, I have been excited to paint more characters from Alice In Wonderland.

Down the Rabbit Hole - The Rabbit
Then on Day #14, I painted the Cheshire Cat:

Down the Rabbit Hole - The Cheshire Cat
And for Day #15, I painted the Rabbit's pocket watch:

Down the Rabbit Hole - The Pocket Watch

I must say, that I am enjoying this series and I can't wait to start painting my version of Alice.

Happy Painting! Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan


My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about these series?  Contact Me


15 comments:

  1. These are absolutely fabulous, so happy and full of life. That's quite a young Mad Hatter, maybe it's the Mad Hatter's son, haha! I just adore your rabbit, he looks so serious and the Cheshire cat is perfect, just the intense face peering through. Really super artwork. I like the watch too, what a brilliant series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I really am having a lot of fun with this series. Thank you for visiting and leaving such wonderful comments. Can't wait to paint Alice! This 30 in 30 challenge is always so much fun!! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Wow, these paintings are wonderful and all together they will look great on a wall!! Loooove!
    ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Conny! Thank you for your comments and for stopping by. It's always fun to visit with you!! I have been really enjoying all your art postings over on Facebook! Have a fun day!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful series this is becoming! So whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I am really having lots of fun with the 30 in 30. (Just isn't always easy finishing one a day - but so far - so good! ) See you at the challenge! :o)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful series.... I always enjoyed Alice in Wonderland...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I enjoy Alice in Wonderland as well. There are lots of versions of it out there, too. Love the new one with Johnny Depp.

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah, he looks like all sorts of fun... and trouble. I love how you are doing the frame within a frame on these. A spotlight! It has such a familiar, warm feel to it....memories of books from my childhood. have a super weekend Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. I working on Alice now! Keep your fingers crossed she turned out. This is is more detailed...Thank you for visiting, I always look forward to hearing from you. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too! :o)

      Delete
    2. Boy enough typos on that one....I'm not I and turns not turned....guess I'm tired
      :o)

      Delete
  6. I love them all! You are doing so wonderful Joan! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful series!! Love all of these paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris! They have been lots of fun to paint! I can't wait to finish Alice. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete