Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta - Day #13

"Down the Rabbit Hole"
Today is Day #13 of Leslie Saeta's - September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge! 

My goodness, we are almost at two weeks of this 30 in 30 challenge.  Time really does have a way of slipping by doesn't it?

Today's painting is called "Down the Rabbit Hole".  When I showed this one to McKenna she immediately said how much it reminds her of "Alice in Wonderland". 

This is another painting where I used the line/grid drawing method that I am learning from Lee Hammond's 'Big Book of Drawing'. 

Hope you enjoy today's painting.  Here is a close up:


"Down the Rabbit Hole"


Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Carol ! Thank you. He was a lot of fun to paint. I used another royalty free image from The Graphics Fairy for this one. And had no idea while I was painting him that he was resembling The Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland until my daughter pointed that out. I was just trying to make him the Focal Point. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey There Susi. Thank you so much! Happy Painting to you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joan! It's great to be here and see all that you've been doing. What a wonderful rabbit painting...great colors and he has so much character. I entertained the thought of doing some bunny paintings from photos I took at our Kansas State Fair a couple years ago, but that has not happened. So many ideas. So few hours.

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% So many idea!! So FEW hours!!! What is a girl to do!! You should paint one of the bunnies from your photos, that would be wonderful. Thanks for stopping by. :o)

      Delete
  4. Joan this little guy has so much personality. Yeah, I think I would be steering clear of him! Sort of reminds me of another rabbit with attitude - Bugs Bunny. Yeah, don't mess with this bunny if you know what is good for ya'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember Bugs Bunny! I think this little guy has somewhat of an attitude, too. He was fun to paint! Enjoy the rest of the challenge, Sheila. See you there! :o)

      Delete
  5. Joan, I LOVE him!! How big is this painting?
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Stacy :o)
      Thank you. This little bunny was painted on an 8 x 10 canvas board. After painting this one and McKenna mentioning that he reminded her of the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland...I got to thinking....and I'm trying to paint more and more characters from that book! :o) Wish me luck. I thought they would look cute all together as one big collage. Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your comments. Have a fun day.

      Delete