Friday, September 12, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta - Day #12

"Never Forget"

Today is Day #12 of Leslie Saeta's - September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge! 

I wanted to finish this one so that I could post it yesterday on September 11th.

Today's painting is called "Never Forget". 

This painting is a result of using one of McKenna's beautiful photographs:


I used the line/grid drawing method that I am learning from Lee Hammond's 'Big Book of Drawing'.  This method is time consuming, however, the results are so nice.  I painted this one on a smaller pine board that I had cut down to size at our local lumber store.  I utilized the board and painted the image in the center so that I could paint a black frame all around.  I wanted this image to be the focal point on the wood.

Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy. I really enjoy looking through all of McKenna's photos and selecting them for possible paintings. It's a lot of fun making it a Mother Daughter project. Enjoy your day today! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete