Monday, September 1, 2014

September 2014 Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta

"Cherish"
Here we are!!  Day 1 of Leslie Saeta's: September 2014 - 30 paintings in 30 days challenge!!

I painted this one on a pine board that I purchased from our local hardware store and had them cut the boards to size.  I really love painting on wood.

"Cherish" is a 'reminder painting' if you will.  A reminder for each and every one of us to "Cherish" all of our days because time has a way of slipping by way too quickly.  Example:   I ask myself so many times....where is the world did the time go?  My baby is now 23 years old!!  How can 23 years go by so fast??

I used many layers of acrylics on this one as well as a graphite pencil and watercolor pencils, too.

I am so happy that Leslie is hosting this challenge again because I haven't been painting in a long while.  The last painting I did was way back in April of this year!!

Hope you enjoy this painting.

Stay tuned for Day #2.

I am also participating in Conny's "Mix It Monthly" Challenge.  Here theme for this month:  TREES.



 Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and... Break a Bristle. 


~Joan~


My Artwork is available at:   Linden Line Designs

Questions about this paintings?  Contact Me



23 comments:

  1. NICE! I am doing the challenge too! GOOD LUCK = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Sue. Enjoy the challenge!! :o)

      Delete
  2. My friend, thank you for the kind words on my blog! I have never had such an emotional year! Even when I was ill, I didn't feel like this! It's nuts! I'm trying really hard ;o) I appreciate the love from all my special friends, like you!
    This painting you did means the world to me! We do have to Cherish every second of everyday! Time goes by too fast!
    Big Hugs and Much Love!
    It is great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant every word. And ... no, you are not nuts. Everyone at some point in their life goes through very similar emotions. There are so many ways to get out of the funk, you just have to pick the one/s that suit you. Go for an enjoyable walk, bring your camera along. Exercise and fresh air are always helpful. Hugs/Love right back at you. :o)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susi. This challenge is tons of fun. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This is so charming, a lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sheila! Thank you. I really enjoy trying to paint scenes that have special meaning. Thank you so stopping by. :o)

      Delete
  5. Awww so sweet the couple on the bench!! and a real wonderful reminder to love and enjoy every moment and each other!! and then the horse...this painting really moves me!!! Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Conny! Thank you so much. I really enjoy visiting your blog and especially love your Mix It Monthly challenges!! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Love your work. You have inspired me to try painting wood also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. Yes - wood is really fun to paint on. And the pine wood at the hardware store is very affordable. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Really nice work and your tree is so soft and yielding with it's puffy top. Lovely. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Corrine - and leaving such nice comments!! :o) I just visited your blog and commented on two posts! I LOVE that laundry cart you make! Very COOL.

      Delete
  8. Your beautiful painting takes me to a very special time and place.
    Each moment is a treasure and most definitely worth cherishing...
    thank you for sharing!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello There Patty. Thank you for visiting and leaving such nice comments. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful artwork such an inspiration

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello There Hilda. Thank you, I appreciate your visiting and leaving comments. I really enjoyed painting this one. Have a great day.

      Delete
  10. This is a beautiful piece, it's dreamy and has movement, refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Kat. I appreciate your kind words. I like your description: Dreamy and refreshing!! Thank you.

      Delete