Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Painting #8 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

Happy Trails.  Print for Sale
If you are interested in purchasing a print of this painting, please use the contact form at my website and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.  All prints are currently  available at $25.00 each plus shipping and handling. 


Here we go -- we are beginning Week Two of Leslie's challenge.  For this week, I have decided to choose a favorite artist from my collection of art books and focus on that artist for the entire week by studying their work. 

***Drum roll please***  I choose Picasso!  I have several art books on Picasso and I never get tired of looking through them.  Each time I do, I always find new and exciting works of his. 

Today's painting is inspired by studying his "Harlequin on Horseback", 1905 - Oil - 39" x 27".  This painting is in a book entitled "Picasso - The Blue and Rose Periods.  There are a lot of beautiful paintings featured in this book and I am looking forward to interpreting more of them throughout the week.

I am calling this one "Happy Trials". 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and... Break a Bristle.

Joan

12 comments:

  1. Love the folksy feel in this Joan. The washy background is great! I know this is sacrilege, but I like your version better! You have created so much atmosphere, and the bold warm colors really draw me in. Wonderful work! And yay, you are number one today! WOW! Inspiring me to stay up and finish my #8, even though it is 12:20 and I should be in bed.
    I love that you are sharing your inspiration with us!
    May your brush be bountiful as you hatch day 9!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too - Sheila! I should be in bed at it is almost 1:00 A.M.!! But, even if I were to get to bed all I would do is think about ART and not be able to sleep anyway!! ;)

      Thank you for all your kind and thoughtful words!! I look forward to you visiting my blog - it is always a joy to read your comments!

      Good luck with Day #9 as well.

      Delete
  2. picasso is always fun to use for inspiration!! can't wait to see what else you come up with this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sue,
      Thanks for stopping by! I agree, Picasso is so fun to look for inspiration!!

      Hope it warms up over there for you!!! Darn, winter!

      Delete
  3. Of course I went straight off to find the Picasso painting and am now impressed by yours. What a good idea to use it as a basis for a different painting. I like your picture, it's alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sheila!

      I have a big smile on my face right now!! Thank you SO much for your comments!! They made my day.

      Delete
  4. Happy Trails ;o) Good positive energy! She is adorable! I love your style Joan!
    (Sorry I am late coming around! But, you know me, I will be here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy!

      No need for apologies, I am just so happy that you take the time to comment on my 30 in 30's. I truly appreciate you doing that! It is always fun to hear from you!!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see your number 9 painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one Joan...it's so folksy and the colors are happy. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa. I really enjoyed painting this one and can't wait to keep practicing with painting more horses.

      Delete