Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Painting #7 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

Judy

Hooray!  One Week Down and Three more to go! What a fun challenge this has been.  There are over 400 Artists participating in Leslie's challenge!  Lots of wonderful paintings to look at, that's for sure.  

This painting was a fun project.  I added several colors to form various shapes and designs for the background, and then I turned the painting in many directions to see if I could "find" something using all the background shapes and I discovered this lady.  This process is very similar to finding pictures by looking up at the clouds.  I remember doing this as a child, and I still look for pictures in the clouds to this day.

I am calling her "Judy" because for some reason when I looked at her the song "Hey Jude" by Paul McCartney was going through my thoughts.  I remember growing up visiting my mum's younger sister - my Aunt Judy and how much she totally loved this song.  Paul McCartney was her Fave back in those days.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

3 comments:

  1. She is so pretty! I love her heart shaped face ;o) The meaning behind "Judy" is beautiful! I finished my crow painting today. I will place her near my bed tonight, and see what name I come up with ;o)
    Joan, I only get the right names for my paintings 99% of the time? Darn it! I was hoping for 100% ;o) LOL ;o)
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There Stacy!
    Thank you. Oh, and my Aunt Judy was my 'favorite' Aunt as a kid. It was always fun to watch her put her make up on and get ready for work. She was always nice to me as a kid. It's fun thinking about childhood days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan this is wonderful, I love the story, and I think that name suits her well. I love her thoughtful expression. Her eyes seem to catch the light.... her tears maybe? oh my goodness Joan, that song is in my head, and every line seems to fit her :) Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete