Monday, January 6, 2014

My Painting #6 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge


Prints of this painting are available
If you are interested in purchasing a print of this painting, please use the contact form at my website and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.  All prints are currently  available at $25.00 each plus shipping and handling. 



Day #6 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge!  Wow!  It's going by FAST already.  Leslie mentioned that many of the artists participating in this challenge have already received wonderful sales and we are only on Day Six.  How exciting indeed!  

Because I have lots of orders to fill today over at Linden Line Designs, I won't be able to paint today. 

However, this is a painting that I recently finished for an online class that I was falling behind with because I took too many classes that started around the same time frame!  But the craziness was totally worth it. 

This particular class is taught by Pauline Agnew and is called "Draw and Paint What You Love".  Pauline is starting this class again on January 27, 2014.  This is a five week online class and I can tell you it is totally worth every $$.  Pauline is an amazing instructor.  She is truly there for all her students.  She critiques your work on a private facebook group and even after the class has ended you can join another private facebook group to keep in touch and Pauline continues to help comment on your progress.  She has lots of detailed info listed at her site:  Seed Bed Studio

Here are a couple close ups to view the details.  I applied molding paste as a background texture before starting. 


I really love using molding paste.  It adds so many wonderful textures and depth. 



I don't have a name for this one.  Any suggestions? 

Have a wonderful day everyone!  And keep your fingers cross that I can get back on track with this challenge. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and Break a Bristle.

Joan

10 comments:

  1. Guess for the challenge I will have to use Firefox... just cannot get comments to work on Chrome... Love this especially the eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never used molding paste before (I have to confess, I don't even know what it is), but I love what you have created by using it! Very beautiful work, again, Joan. I think you should call it "Falling flowers" because I love how the flowers fall down from her hair and face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Samara,
      I never knew what it was either until I learned about it while taking an online class. The one I used with this painting is by Golden and called "Light Molding Paste". It washes up with soap and water. It is considered a gel medium, and it reacts so very cool with the paint. It's lots of fun.
      Thank you for all your kind words about this painting. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Dawn. Thanks, too - for the comments.

      Delete
  4. Memories Reflections. To me it seems as if she is deep in thought, and the angles look as if she is floating, and the flowers are floating. Love your ladies Joan! This has wonderful textures! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea....naming her something using "memories" or "reflections" or just one or the other?? Hmm...
      Thanks for stopping by Sheila, it is always fun when you visit!! Thanks for all the super comments, too!! :) :)

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  5. She is simply stunning! I love the colours and I love the way she is looking! I'm trying to think of a name! She is kind of mysterious. Love her dark eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy. Yeah, I agree...she is kind of mysterious. I wished I could figure out a name for her that I can relate with...

      Her dark eyes are something that Pauline teaches in her online class. She calls it 'suggesting' them. I really want to keep improving this.

      Delete