Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Painting #4 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

"Autumn Glow" prints available for sale

If you are interested in purchasing a print of this painting, please use the contact form at my website and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.  All prints are currently  available at $25.00 each plus shipping and handling. 


Here is my Painting #4  for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 January painting challenge.

I don't really have a name for this one yet.  But it was a wonderful surprise as to how it turned out.  I just love it when that happens.  This one was painted on wood and I used an acrylic ground to add texture to the background.  I love how the paint reacts to the ground, very cool look.

So far so good -  as, I remain on schedule with this challenge! 

Wishing everyone a Wonderful Weekend.

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

P.S.  Painting Name Update:  Thank you to Leada Wood for her suggestion of "Autumn Glow".  I think this is the perfect title for my painting.  

10 comments:

  1. Lovely soft light Joan! Gorgeous, classic composition. Timeless beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila!

      I was looking at one of my art books by "Madeleine Rouart" for inspiration. She paints such lovely and beautiful florals.

      Delete
  2. This painting is so awesome Joan! Those flowers are so pretty. They're like fireworks in a vase: Such awesome, rich and vibrant colors! I think that this is one of my favorite of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samara.

      What a beautiful choice of words! "Fireworks in a vase." I love that. Thank you. I must tell you, this particular painting was such a wonderful joy as well as surprise after viewing it completed. I hope I can repeat it again!

      Delete
  3. Joan, this is so pretty!!! I don't know what you did with this painting, but you did something ;o) There is a touch of magic in there, I see it ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy.

      You are always so kind and thoughtful when visiting my blog and I truly appreciate and enjoy all of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to visit as much as you do!!

      Hugs!

      Delete
    2. Also, you have a great personality ;o) Hugs ;o)

      Delete
  4. This has such a nice warm feeling to it, Autumn Glow might be a good name :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Leada,

      Thank you. And I LOVE the name "Autumn Glow". Thank you for suggesting it.

      "Autumn Glow" it is!! :)

      Delete