Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Painting #30 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge


Here is my painting for Day #30.  It is amazing how FAST this 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, hosted by Leslie Saeta,  has gone by.  My conclusion:  I LOVE participating in painting challenges.  It is really fun!  Sure hope Leslie Saeta continues with this!! 

Today's painting is a Vase Face on wood.  This is a piece of cedar fencing and it smells really nice!! 

For the background, I glued lots of magazine strips to add texture, and while I was painting, I made sure to have some of the images from the magazine show through.

Thank you so very much to each and every person for stopping by and visiting with me and leaving all the wonderful comments.  Everyone loves comments at their blog, and I am no different.  It is so exciting to read what others think about my paintings.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Joan I love this! I love the colors, and the format, and that texture is so cool. I so wanted to do some mixed media... just did not end up having time. I love these flowers. They look like hybrid fruit to me. Pomegranate, lemon, orange.... juicy! This gal knows her own mind. She knows whee she is going and how to get there in style!
    Great finish to a great month Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have drawn a similar conclusion - painting challenges are the thing! Very cool style with these flowers! Wonderful bold color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third? fourth? time Leslie holds the challenge. In 2013, it was January and September. Who knows when the next will happen?
    Love your last painting.
    Congratulations on finishing the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, this one is so pretty!! She makes me smile ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete