Friday, January 3, 2014

My Painting #3 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

'Lady Elizabeth'  Print for Sale

 If you are interested in purchasing a print of this painting, please use the contact form at my website and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.  All prints are currently  available at $25.00 each plus shipping and handling. 

Here is my third painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 January painting challenge.

I am calling this one "Lady Elizabeth".  I had a lot of fun with this one!  I created a stencil of the image and used it to make a gouache monoprint.  Then after it was dry, I added light layers of acrylic paint on top of the gouache using a glazing technique.

So far so good!  As, I am on schedule with this challenge!

Wishing everyone a Wonderful Weekend.

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

6 comments:

  1. Each of these are wonderful Joan! I think I may pull out my crayons and give that a try - what fun! Lady Rose is stunning and Lady E is doing just what a respectable lady should! Oh I am so geared up for the return of Downton on Sunday! My good friend gave me the box set for Christmas - how wonderful is that! So lovely to see you each day Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joan, you clever girl. That's YOU painting and i just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice painting Joan! Perfect balance of colors between the reds and the purples which keep your eyes moving across the painting. Love the choice of subject matter as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, and how fascinating how you made it.

    ReplyDelete