Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Painting #28 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

"Serafina"



Here is my painting for Day #28.  Another Vase Face.  For this one, I went back to painting on an all black background.  I really like the look when you start off with an all black background.  The colors seem more vibrant. 

I learned this technique from an online class a while ago.  It is always enjoyable going back and trying out things that you have learned in the past.  I like to change things up.  I get pretty bored doing the same thing over and over.

Hope you enjoy today's painting.   I am calling her "Serafina".

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

9 comments:

  1. wow, the colors really do pop!! this painting is so nice and #28…you're nearly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a fun painting. I feel joy looking at it.

    My neighbor gave me his newly deceased mom's leftover black clayboard which was an awesome surface on which to paint. He couldn't tell me exactly what it was so I have to do some research. Do you possibly know what it might be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serafina is a pretty one! You're almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very vibrant... may try one on a black background!!!Do you use black from tube or ix your own?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks familiar too me. Maybe she has a sister? ha ha
    You have named her well. Very regal. She reminds me of a young Elizabeth Taylor. Stunning beauty, with an unexpected depth! Your palette is wonderful Joan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo understand! I can't do the same thing over and over either. My husband tells me I get bored too easily with everything. :) He's right!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your vase faces. They are so unique and always make me smile! Keep up the great work Joan and thanks for all the nice comments you've left on my blog! xo Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful!!! Love the name! Very different!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work Joan. Yes, I agree. A black background really does help objects in a painting to "pop." Not only does it make the colors more vibrant, but it also has a way of creating depth.

    ReplyDelete