Friday, January 24, 2014

My Painting #24 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

The Wicked Witch Vase Face!


Here is my painting for Day #24 of Leslie's challenge!! 

Okay now!!  I had SO much fun creating this very different Vase Face!!  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I LOVE the Wizard of Oz.  So...since I thoroughly enjoy painting my Vase Faces...I just had to create one using the Wicked Witch as my subject! 

What cha think?  Whimsical?  Fun?  Wacky?  Creative?  All of the above?

Hope you get a kick out of this one!!  Hope it puts a smile on your face. 

Wishing all of you a Very Happy Friday and a Super Fun Weekend!! 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle. 

I have also included this painting over at Conny's January Mix-It Monthly Challenge.  Her January theme is:  Odd Hats!  :)  

Joan

11 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, and YES! This is so fun Joan. I am cracking up! I can hear her creepy voice, "Poppies, Poppies." ha ha ha ha, that's an extra ha for you! So is this the look she had on her face when she saw her sisters legs curl up? Or is the shock from being doused in water? Or maybe the monkeys finally had enough and turned on her! Thanks for starting my day with a giggle Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this vase-face is so, so, so....whitchy (does this word exist?). No, to be honest, it's all of what you said: very creative, lots of fun, absolutely whimsical and definitely wacky too, but only in its meaning of "quirky", not meaning stupid.
    I love this face and the beautiful hat!
    And yes, you put a large smile on my face.
    Have a nice weekend and thanks for your visit!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joan!
    First of all - thank you for your nice words on my blog -
    I can give all that back to you - amazing artwork here..and I adore your fab website for the pets -- we have got two RR's - and love them sooo much ..
    your pet art designs are fab too!
    came a follower here and hope to meet you in future...

    happy weekend-
    happy PPF!

    HAPPY CREATING!

    xxx
    from Austria

    Susi

    just notice some other fun:
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
    MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great fun! She's fantastic. :)
    And bravo to you for participating in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh that really put a big smile on my face :D So unique and fun! Loooove his expression and his hat is a stunner for sure :) Love your are making art with us on Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vase face witch, she looks rather green, perhaps she ate too much! Thanks for your nice comment n my blog! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, she is fun!!! Yes, very wicked and wacky! I love her ;o) I hope you have a great weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful painting, this is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Joan! You come up with the best ideas. I looooove this! You captured the wicked witch so well, too. This painting definitely makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the above! Yes, it did put a smile on my face. I think those might be red poppies on her head and I love poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Above all I love the poppy-hat it is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete