Friday, January 3, 2014

My Painting #2 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

Print for Sale
If you are interested in purchasing a print of this painting, please use the contact form at my website and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.  All prints are currently  available at $25.00 each plus shipping and handling.  

Here is my second painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 January painting challenge.

I am right on track for today!  Yipee!  (But then it is only day two -- plenty more to go.)  Again, I am practicing with drawing as well as painting.  For this one, I looked at the cover from an older issue of VOGUE magazine.  I wanted to focus on how to add depth by using shadows.  I enjoy adding lots of flowers in the place of hair, so I gave her a bouquet of roses.  I am calling this one "Lady Rose".

I used Diane Culhane's glazing technique which I learned in her Table Top online class.

Now on to day three!

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan 


2 comments:

  1. She is sexy! Love the hips! Excellent color and I love how the roses fall from her head ;o) So far, so good ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Joan! Glad that you are doing the challenge again. Love how all of your paintings tell a story. You'd be great as a story book illustrator :)

    ReplyDelete