Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Painting #18 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

"Singing in the Rain"


Here is my painting for Day #18 of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge. 

I mentioned yesterday, that I am practicing my drawing and painting of children themes because I have signed up for a new online class called "The Year of the Fairy Tale", taught by Carla Sonheim. 

I don't have a lot of experience painting in this sort of style, and I wanted to get a feel of what it would be like. 

And it feels fun!  Today's painting was especially lots of fun as I was looking through children's books to get an idea of placement and such.  This particular scene had a little boy holding an umbrella, and I switched it to a little girl and I also added puddles.  I am calling this painting "Singing in the Rain" because if you look closely the puppy and the bird are singing. 

This painting is not completely finished, I need to add the rain and a few other small touches.  But I wanted to post it anyways. 

Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Joan I love this! The colors are wonderful - I would read this book over and over again! I love the singing pup and bird! So Disney cute! Love her yellow cap, her red gloves.
    This is so perky! Can't have enough perky!
    You are going to have fun in that class, and I know you will do well!
    Happy painting to you Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, this is so sweet! A very happy painting ;o) Hope you're having a great weekend ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will do well in this class! Love the bright happy colors. So cute to have the animals singing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! So cute Joan! Great illustrations like this don't need words to tell a story. Love the singing dog and bird and the little girl in her yellow rain coat holding her umbrella. Perfect title, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely illustration, I like the bird and dog singing, it's all very happy.

    ReplyDelete