Friday, January 17, 2014

My Painting #17 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

"There's No Place Like Home"


Here is my painting for Day #17 of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge. 

I signed up for an new online art class.  This one is taught by Carla Sonheim, and it is a year long class called:  The Year of the Fairy Tale. 

It will be starting in a few days, and I thought I would start practicing with The Wizard of Oz.  I know this isn't a fairy tale, but it is meant for children, and since it was one of my most favorite stories growing up, I chose it for today's painting.   I especially love the movie starring Judy Garland! 

Hope you enjoy today's attempt.  I know I have lots of practicing to continue with, but I did enjoy this none the less.   It was a lot of fun trying.  I am calling this "There's No Place Like Home", because there really isn't!! 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and... Break a Bristle.

Joan

4 comments:

  1. very nice!! one of my favorite movies, too. i always wanted to get some ruby red slippers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that movie...but only the original with Judy Garland!! Thank you for your comments. In regards to this painting - I am questioning on whether to not to change it a little. Not too happy with the results...but...I keep plugging away. Practice is what it is all about!! Have a fun weekend. Thank you for your visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Joan, it has to be the original. I could only sit through about 20 minutes of the Oz movie that came out recently. They just changed the story too much. I always loved Glenda's dress. And of course her wand. Gotta have the wand! I think this is wonderful as it is, but I would be interested to see any changes you make. Lovely expressions. One all knowing, and one deep in wishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, I love this painting!!!! Change it? If you do, it will be interesting to see what you change. You have to paint what you feel and I think it came out beautifully! You have your own twist on things! Your mark and I think you did really well with this painting ;o)
    Joan, why don't you do Linda's blog party? I have the link on my side bar ;o) I do it every year. It's a lot of fun. You can have a giveaway or not, up to you. I'm working on my painting right now. Linda is a lot of fun and I think you would enjoy it ;o) If you sign up, tell Linda I sent you ;o) We all call her Oma Linda, for grandma ;o)
    http://lindaomasoldebaggsnstuftshirts.blogspot.ca/2014/01/what-is-your-favorite-oz-color.html

    ReplyDelete