Monday, January 13, 2014

My Painting #13 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge



Here is my painting for Day #13 of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge.  My goodness, I can't believe that we are almost two weeks into this challenge.

For this second week, I am having a lot of fun studying and interpreting various pieces created by Picasso.  I haven't quite figured out my theme for week three, yet.  But I do have a few things in mind.

For today's painting, I needed to reach into my stash from previous work because I won't have time to paint today. 

With that being said, my painting for today is from a couple years ago.  At that time, my daughter had her wisdom teeth removed and she was recovering.  Also during that time frame, I was busy practicing with my new love of Vase Faces! 

One time when I looked at my daughter during her recovery, with her little puffy cheeks - to put a smile on her face - I said something like "You look like a little bud vase" - then I had a 'light bulb' idea. I told her I would paint a special Vase Face just for her. 

I added her favorite flower, hydrangeas using her favorite color - purple, and a Picasso style face, plus if you look close you will see a yellow highlight on the cheek.  (Due to her teeth being removed my daughter had a very slight yellowish highlight on her cheek.)   If I'm not mistaken, this painting was finished using watercolor pencils and watercolors.  I don't know if I applied the watercolor correctly, but this is how it turned out.

I must tell you, she did get a kick out of this painting!  And it did put a smile on her face - Mission Accomplished.

Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

7 comments:

  1. Joan I love the wallpaper, the patterns on the table,and your gorgeous flowers! She does look just a little out of sorts, your story explains why. Thanks for sharing this with us, and your story as well.
    Enjoy your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story and your vase make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that wallpaper would look GREAT in my house. Maybe my dining room or hallway. ;) Hydrangeas are one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet story! Love the wallpaper pattern and beautiful purple hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah Congrats on the art challenge. I think you captured a playful Picasso twist on this piece. :) Can't wait to see tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Everyone for all of your very sweet and kind comments on this one. I really appreciate each of you taking the time to stop by and say hello. Wishing all of you a wonderful rest of your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joan, what a great story! A very special painting for your daughter ;o) A painting with a great memory ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete