Friday, January 10, 2014

My Painting #10 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

Today marks Day 10, Week Two - Day Three of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge.

In keeping with this week's theme of me studying various paintings by Picasso, for today I chose his painting entitled: 

Jacqueline aux Fleurs.  Vallauris,  1954.  Oil on canvas, 39 3/8" x 31 7/8"

His paintings of Jacqueline are on the top of the list of my favorites.  I just love how he painted her. 

For my study and interpretation of this painting, I decided to make it 3D by using smaller canvases for the eyes, nose and mouth.  I call this sort of design a  FACEt.  Because a facet is defined as:  "one of the small,  polished plane surfaces of a cut gem.  And my FACEt artwork fits this discription for the face.

I like how these paintings are quite different from anything you see out there.  I love being different. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed today's Picasso interpretation. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and Break a Bristle. 

Joan

6 comments:

  1. Joan this just jumped out and bit me! I love your bold colors. The movement, they are just glowing with life! And her face hold so much emotion. Deep thoughts. Great work Joan! Happy creating to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, again - Sheila! This is one of my husband's favorites. He likes the FACEts.

      Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool Joan!!! I love how you put the smaller canvases on top of the larger one!!! The colors are excellent!!! I love being different too! Keep being you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! Yep, coming up with completely different ideas is TONS of fun! I love the creating process.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Leada. Something different to mix things up a bit! Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your Day #11.

      Delete