Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Painting #1 - Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - January 2014 Challenge

For this painting, I wanted to look through one of my art books.  So, I chose Van Gogh.  I particularly was focusing on the drawing aspect.  After I finished drawing it, I wanted to add some color, so I used conte crayons and charcoal.  This was a fun exercise.  I really enjoy flipping through art books and randomly selecting a painting to use as my study. 

Happy New Year Everyone!   Leslie Saeta is hosting another 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. 

Back in September of 2013, I participated in this same challenge and had SO much fun, I decided to try it again for this month. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

4 comments:

  1. good luck with this challenge. it looks like a fun one! i like this one a lot…very moody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year ;o) Great painting! Love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to let your creative muse focus on another's art for ideas. I like the idea and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful Joan. Don't know how I failed to comment before. You are absolutely so talented! I can see this hanging in a museum, or in an art history book. Such an expression.... he has a deep voice, and I can hear his accent, when he tries to speak English. Great way to start the challenge!

    ReplyDelete