Friday, October 18, 2013

The "Vase Face" Story continues ...

 Here is my very first "Vase Face":


Last month, I mentioned and showed everyone this very first Vase Face.  I thought it would be fun, if not hilarious, to show more of my early ones.

I started taking online art classes about 2 years ago.  It was in The Art of Abstraction class taught by Alisa Burke where the Vase Face story began. 

For one of the paintings that we had to do, I was trying to channel my inner Picasso.

Well to say the least, not only did that first painting frighten me, it made me laugh, and laugh, and laugh!  That's when my husband called it a beeker face!  Then he said... no a Vase Face!  And my daughter suggested that I use flowers for the hair!  That is how all of these Vase Faces began. 



Here are my second, third and forth, fifth, sixth and seventh attempts at painting my Vase Faces:







 These paintings didn't frighten me, (as much), but they still made me laugh and laugh and they still do!

 Speaking of laughing, I hope that these "first attempts" definitely put a smile on your face and even made you laugh! 


Here is a more recent Vase Face which still remains my all time favorite:



There is just something about painting Vase Faces that I truly enjoy.  From time to time, I will keep showing you more "Firsts" of my Vase Face collection.  It's always fun to look back at the beginning of this art journey of mine!

Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle

Joan



7 comments:

  1. It's kind of like portrait painting and still life painting all rolled into one. These are fun and I can see how painting these probably gave you some good experience with color use as well as painting faces and flowers. What a fun project. I admire you for having the stick-to-it ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! These really made me smile. Thanks so much for sharing your story about the source of your inspiration for them and for posting pics of your journey of painting vase faces. I really enjoyed reading this post, it truly brightened up my day. You paintings always make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Joan! I could not get the "Muppet" image out of my head after you mentioned your husband called the first one a "beeker". I think these would all make great Muppets! Each one has such personality, they really come alive. My favorite of these is the purple, and the red above it.
    It is so nice to see your beginning, Thanks for sharing them with us Joan!
    Happy, sunny weekend to you!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good fun and arty too. I like the first one, and the last two, especially the last one. It's good to try something different, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute!! I should show some of my first paintings! You would laugh your head off! LOL! I have to admit, I don't have any of them and I haven't kept many of the pictures, maybe I should have, oh well.
    I love how you laughed! Laughing is good for the soul! I laughed with you! And, the one very special thing about your vase faces, is that your family created the idea together! That is great! It's amazing to see how your art has changed!
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, so cute all those older funny vases :) What a difference...I can see a udge transformation in your vase-faces and I love them, as you know...Thank you so much for sharing Dear ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see your one eye vases, thank you for your visit to my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete