Wednesday, October 30, 2013

She Loves Nature, Mixed Media Painting inspired by Lynne Hoppe

There are so many beautiful and amazing artists that I stumble upon from time to time.  And certain paintings will just jump out at me.

This painting that I am featuring today was painted a few weeks ago and was inspired by one of Lynne Hoppe's paintings called:  Tina Lorene.  I love how Lynne painted the face as well as the hair. 

Lynne is truly a nature lover!  I enjoy reading how she leaves special art treats in the woods while taking  walks.  Can you just imagine finding one of these treats when you are out enjoying nature?

So, for this particular Vase Face, I added a 'real' leaf as part of her hair to remind me that nature is to be cherished and adored.  I love collecting leaves in the fall and pressing them.  This particular one came from the University of Washington's campus last fall while we were walking around enjoying all the fall colors.   The name of this painting is "She Loves Nature".

In addition to using a leaf, I also used a variety of mixed media such as paper, thread, etc.

Wishing you a Wonderful Week.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan 



11 comments:

  1. Hey Joan ;o) Happy Halloween ;o) I love "She Loves Nature"! Great idea using the leaves! Lynne's painting is precious! I can see why you were inspired! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how your incorporated a real leaf in your painting! wonderful idea!

    our fall weather here has produced some aMaZiNG colors….it's a masterpiece outside my window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting! I love the leaf detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Joan,
    She is a fun piece to see and i am guessing she was fun to make.
    I also enjoy lovely Lynne and her art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is so beautiful! I love the leaf idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ladies!

    Thanks for stopping by also. It is always fun to have visitors!! :)

    I appreciate all your kind comments!!!

    Have a Great Weekend everyone!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really fun piece with some very nice texture, it's an imaginative picture. Using a real leaf for her hair decoration is such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh, joan! i am smiling! those look like hickory leaves, which i would be very happy to have on my head... well, this lady and tina lorene are probably already off on a mission... thank goodness for the work they do. ; )

    love,

    lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! You really need to do a book Joan - Your faces are all so wonderful. I love the leaf! Makes me think of those great hats women wore in the 30's and 40's. Happy creating to you Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joan her face and hair is spectaculare :) love that you show us your inspiration (wonderful artist btw :) that makes it o interesting, to see what you create out of it!! I am in love with the shading and adding real nature to this! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!! Of course you are in the lotterypot ♥ Good luck for the win :) ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete