Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Love One Another" - Original Mixed Media Art



I really enjoy taking online art classes and workshops.  Just recently, I signed up for Project deConstruction:  Complex Collage an online workshop taught by Julie Prichard and Chris Cozen.

This is an awesome online workshop.  Both Julie and Chris do an excellent job showing so many enjoyable mixed media techniques.  There are lots of step by step details, great explanations which are all provided by video as well as very detailed printable PDF's. You will definitely get your money's worth and more!  It is amazing how much is taught in this workshop. 

I especially appreciate the printable PDF's, because I like to refer back to what I learned online, and don't always feel like looking at my computer. 

Here is a "before" photo of my collage:



And again, here is the final painting:



I am calling this one "Love One Another". 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

UPDATE:  It's pretty cool.... each month, Conny over at Piaroms Art Blog  hosts a "Mix It Monthly Challenge", and her theme for this month fit with the this painting, so, I am also adding this painting "Love One Another"  over at her challenge!  Plus, I'm working on a new painting specifically for this challenge, too!
Mix It Monthly


19 comments:

  1. Ohhh such beautiful hand pulled art :) love all the beautiful boys and girls :) especcially the second from the left side ♥♥♥ I is always wonderful to take a workshop and it is worth the money :) I found out your sweet painting fits perfect the the monthly challenge of Mix It Monthly...I would be thrilled, if you link it up xox ♥ Conny
    Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Conny,

      I like your "Mix It Monthly" challenge! Thanks for letting me know about this.
      Thank you for your kind words, as well.
      Have a fun day.

      Delete
  2. I love this painting Joan! And, I love the title! I think this painting is very special! It means alot!! Well done ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacy!
      Thank you for the compliments!! They really mean a lot as it is VERY easy to doubt one's self.
      Happy Painting to you!

      Delete
  3. love all the happy bright colours in this..reminds me of Carmen Miranda who used to dance with fruit and flowers in her hair in 1950s films

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too - Lorraine! This style reminds me of Carmen Miranda. I remember on the "I Love Lucy" show, she did a skit on that! She was funny.
      Thank you for your kind words, and for stopping by.
      Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  4. You are such a sweetie ♥♥♥ Can´t wait to see your other piece...I am in love with your style ♥ Conny
    Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I started my 'official' planned painting that will fit your "Mix It Monthly" theme for October! Can't wait to finish it and post it at your blog.

      Delete
  5. How clever the way you magicked the painting out of the collage, it's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. Using mixed media as the first layers of paintings is a lot of fun. I working on one for Conny's "Mix It Monthly" challenge using fabric and thread! The thread is not always easy to glue down! :o)
      Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words.
      Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  6. Hi Joan, I love this painting, and all of your artwork. I'm going to check that course out. I'm in Woodinville, actually. My sister lives in Snoqualmie. So far I've met more artist online than in person. I need to get out more, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it is always exciting "meeting" other people online from our state! Kinda cool how that happens. Thank you for following my blog, as well commenting on my artwork - I appreciate all your kind words.
      Have a fun day!

      Delete
  7. This is great Joan. Thanks for showing us the before. The course sounds awesome, I know you will enjoy it. I love the title! To me I sort of see this as "you and me against the world". A couple maybe, or mother and daughter, sister and sister. Having one in your life you trust above all others. Beautiful Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sheila.

      I love reading your 'take' on my paintings - I can always see what you mean, too!! Thank you for doing this, it is always fun to learn how others see your work. Thanks for stopping by and always leaving such wonderful comments.
      Happy Painting to You!!

      Delete
  8. oh wow Joan--- I love this fab painting... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love watching you experiment with mixed media...it really suits your kooky, quirky, charming style of painting! That Seniorita Bonita i see in the right col is glorious! You go girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun! Reminds me of an outrageous hat party we had with my red hat group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the warmth in your beautiful composition. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous painting!!

    ReplyDelete