Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sharing Thoughts On Thursday: Beautiful Souls, The Sisterhood of Art. Plus Day #5 of 30 in 30 Painting Challenge

I think sometimes people are unaware that they have been an influence/inspiration to someone at some point in time.

Not too long ago, I purchased the above painting by Lisa Graham called "Sister Siblings".  I did so because it is a joyous reminder that other artists out there in this cyber world have been a positive influence/inspiration for me. 

Here I am, a little ole newbie late bloomer - if you will - with no art experience whatsoever, and for a little over two years now I have been dipping into the painting world and loving every minute.  So far, this journey has been very rewarding.  I have a long adventure ahead and can't wait to see the progress I make along the way. 

You ask:  "Which Artists have been an influence/inspiration for you?"

I'm glad you asked.  There are so many artists out there that I have admired for a while now and the ones I'm listing below are just a few.  I like to think of the 7th one in the poncho as me - sitting there enjoying and learning from all of you!  (and I love ponchos, too.) 
Nancy Medina, Melissa Langer of Pugnotes, Joanie Springer of Art for the Soul of ItLynne Hoppe, Alisa Burke, Stacy of Magic Love Crow , Lisa Graham , Conny of Piaroms Art Blog and this gathering of women goes on and on and on!   It is truly endless because this world is filled with so many amazing talented women and that is why  I find myself adding to my blog list all the time!

I know Lisa is calling the painting "Sister Siblings".  However, to me, it will always be:

"Beautiful Souls; The Sisterhood of Art".

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

And I almost forgot.... Here we are on - day #5 .  I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge.




This is a mixed media painting I just finished using the techniques that I learned while taking Diane Culhane's :  Between Speech and Silence online class. 

I used a couple of my Picasso books as resources for objects as inspiration to complete this scenery.   I also used one of my favorite quotes from Picasso:

"Every Child is an Artist, the problem is how to remain an Artist once he grows up." 

Here is a close up to view the quote.  It is typewritten on a few of the leaves in the tree.

See you for Day 6.

10 comments:

  1. hi joan!

    ooooh! i am honored to be mentioned on your blog post today!

    you are a huge inspiration to me too!
    i think of you,Janie and Mckenna all of the time.
    I cherish all of the art & designs I have purchased from you over the years.
    One of my favorite photos of my Wmmitt is the one is your beautiful necktie collar.

    I have it in my office and touch it every day!

    Please know thatnot only are you on your list but on the inspiration lists of everyone who has ever met you and your beautiful special family.

    melissa

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan ;o) You are a sweetheart! Thank you so much for mentioning me! I am truly honored! As you know, I have no training! I paint from the heart and that's what I tell people! Always paint from your heart ;o) I love the painting you purchased from Lisa! She is a great artist! I love her quirky ways ;o)
    I have to say, I love your art too!!! Keep on creating!
    Big Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the inspiration thing Joan! It truly IS wonderful and I count the connections I've made and the inspiration I find a blessing! Thank you SO much for this wonderful post and mentioning me. I am so touched. Kiss the sisters for me. They look great in your home. :)

    And I Have to tell you the work you are doing for the challenge is amazing. You are blossoming in these pieces and your excitement of creating is so evident. I LOVE your Margaret in the last post!! She is one classy lady.

    Thank you again Joan. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Joan, you are so kind. The puggies and I send many hugs to you and McKenna and little Jane!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Joan -- your paintings make me smile and leave me happy, wanting for more!!! Can't wait to see what else you make during the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi joan,

    here i am finally... : )

    thinking about what i really, really want to say... this sisterhood is a precious, precious thing. it's about honoring one another and sharing - and i don't think the importance of this can be overestimated. it's not about money, it's not about being 'good', it's not about being well known. it's about supporting each other as we grow as human beings and artists...

    i am *honored* to be named here. thank you...

    love,

    lynne

    p.s. i LOVE your day 5 painting! also, i've never told you that because of you i signed up for diane's class. i've only watched the first three videos, but they revved my engine up so much that was all i needed - for now! i'm savoring the fact that i still have some to watch. thank you for turning me on to that class...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I came back! I didn't see your painting from before! It is really sweet! I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite quotes. I love your vision of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG how had I missed this...I am getting a bit blushing here ;) I always love to inspire and get inspired...totally superb your picasso-like painting ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, how did I miss this post, sorry to be replying so late. Dearest Joan, I am honored to be one of your inspirations in the company of Lynne, Lisa and the other talented gals. We are indeed a sisterhood who share Heart, Soul, Inspiration and best of all that deep honoring of each other's unique talents. It's all about receiving and sharing the support of making art YOUR way. That's the Bliss.

    Blessings to you as you continue on your journey making beautiful quirky personality-full JOAN ART. I love what you are doing! Brava my friend.

    ReplyDelete