Monday, September 9, 2013

My Painting #9 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

Here we go!  Day #9 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge!

I am having lots of fun with the mixed media paintings.  Again, I glued all of the magazine shapes on to a 140# 11 x 14 piece of watercolor paper.  I did this yesterday so that everything would dry overnight. 

I enjoy looking at the magazine shapes and trying to imagine them as something else. 

This painting I am calling "Seniorita Bonita".  For some reason, there is just something about the whole piece that radiates Spain. 

Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

See you for Day #10.

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Joan this is so fabulous! It reminds me of the Chiquita banana actress - Carmen Miranda. Fun and joyous, warm and friendly! Oh my!
    I had some internet issues today, lost it three times. I thought I had seen all of today's work... OH Joan... you could have an awesome calendar from these images! They would also be great as pillows, a jewelry box, pendants, earrings, DISHES, towels.... Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! it caught my eye out of the 200+ thumbnails on leslie's page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does have that Spain feel, makes me want to dance Flamenco!! And I love to dance, never tried Flamenco though :) I am enjoying looking forward in seeing more of your fun face vases!!! Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Joan Go! Look at all these wonderful paintings! I love how you compiled them for the first week. It's fun to see them together like that. This one is so great and yes, so Spain. She's winking at us. Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Joan! I love the colors and the motion of this painting! Spain, indeed! You know, I have never did a mixed media painting! I find it very interesting!
    (I forgot to tell you, if the metal hanger on the back of the painting gets pushed in from shipping. Just take a screw driver, or something like that, to pop it up!)
    Hugs ;0)

    ReplyDelete