Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Painting #8 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

Hooray!  Today starts week #2, day #8 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge!

I am calling this Painting "We All Need A Watchful Eye".  I decided that I wanted to paint another mixed media painting using the techniques taught in Diane Culhane's Online Class:  Between Speech and Silence.  I really enjoyed this class and learned so many new approaches to art.  I highly recommend this on your list of online classes to take. 

Yesterday, I started gluing all of my magazine shapes to a 140# Watercolor paper in the 11 x 14 size, so that today everything would be nice and dry for painting.  I let all the glued on shapes determine how this painting was going to turn out.  Then I added faces to each shape.  After I finished it, and was thinking of a name for this painting, I remembered that all of us need to have a watchful eye.  The reason being, is because I recently read an online article of a new purse snatching theft that is happening in many states at gas stations called "Gas Station Sliders".  The thief literally opens the passenger's side door while you are pumping gasoline and slides your purse out, then hops into a waiting car and speeds off with your purse!  So, ladies... be aware of this new crime and definitely keep A Watchful Eye!

And here is a close up:



Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

See you for Day #9.

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Joan this is wonderful! The colors and shapes, and faces... everything comes together so well. I had seen that on the news... purse snatchers. Unbelievable! So glad you got the word out again, everyone needs to know about this!

    Great stuff here Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice, next time I put gas in my car I will remember your painting. You are very creative and come up with such great ideas!!! Good luck on your 2nd week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Move over Picasso, there is a new kid on the block :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Joan, I love the imaginativeness of this painting. Brava my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool painting! I love it! That crime is horrible! I have to let my mom know about it! Thanks for sharing Joan ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete