Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Painting #7 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

One Week Down!!  Three more to go!!  Here we are at day #7 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge! 

For today's painting, I decided to paint one of my "Vase Faces".  It is called:  "A Few of My Favorite Things".  About two years ago, my daughter McKenna participated in a 365 Photo Project/Challenge, and for her final photo she took a photo of all 365 photos!  She printed each photo in a 2" x 2" size and arranged a collage of all 365!  It was very cool.  When she was finished using the photos, I asked to have them...cuz ya never know when a creative moment will happen...

I chose a few of McKenna's "Favorite" photos as used them to represent the 'flowers' of my "Vase Face".

Here is a closer view:


And another:

I created Vase Faces totally by accident when taking an online class back in April 2012 offered by Alisa Burke.  The name of this particular class is called "The Art of Abstraction." 

In the class I was trying hard to focus on my inner Picasso.  Below is my very first "Vase Face".

Scary isn't it...!%#! (yikes!)

And here is one of my more recent "Vase Fases" - Flora:


Whew!  Much better!!  Not so scary!   These two paintings definitely prove to me that painting daily is very important for enhancing one skills. 

Hope you enjoyed today's painting. 

See you for Day #8.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

(P.S.  more details ahead on the development of the Vase Face Story :o)

3 comments:

  1. I love your two paintings..that first one is so exciting and artsy..That's what I love about art, you can do whatever you want and as long as you have the talent, it looks awesome...the first one is super cool! I am a beginner and get so inspired by art like yours. I just did my first mixed media/collage today. It is very ametuer, but I had fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia!

      Say, I went to your blog at Blogger, and don't see anywhere to post a comment. Are you going to enable comments?

      Thanks again for stopping by!

      Have a Nice Weekend.

      Delete
  2. I love your vase faces and I can't wait to hear more about them! Your scary painting made me laugh! LOL! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete