Friday, September 6, 2013

My Painting #6 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

Happy Friday!  This is Day #6 and  I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge.

I am calling this painting:  "Face The Storm!".

All I can say is: "WOW"!  Last night over here in the Seattle, Washington area did we ever have a Lightening/Thunder storm!!  For both my husband and daughter - this storm was Awesome, Beautiful and Amazing!!  Now... for me ... on the other hand ... this storm was SCARY!

I actually started the background of this painting yesterday.  After I painting the first layer, I used a scratching tool and made several squiggles and straight doodles.  When I awoke this morning, the marks looked like rain to me!  (Hmmm... wonder why I thought of rain?  Seattle?  Storm?  :o)

So, when I was looking at one of my art books on August Macke, I saw a variety of ladies using umbrellas!

This painting was inspired viewing August Macke's work as well as my need to "Face The Storm!".  (Notice that I put a small rainbow in the right upper corner.)

Hope you enjoy this painting!

See you for Day #7.

Happy Painting! Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan



5 comments:

  1. Simply lovely, Joan!! The little rainbow in the upper right corner is delightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting, and check out Prendergast as well for women and their parasols.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan I love this. I love the aged feeling you have created. Put this on the wall and you have instant history and mood. Family heirloom! Wonderful work for a newbie! (no way!) ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, I can hear the rain dropping down on her umbrella and feel the wind blowing in her skirt! Wonderful captured..love the colors as well ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Joan!! I love how she is looking into the sky, with the rainbow behind her! Sorry you got scared with the storm! Take Care o)

    ReplyDelete