Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Painting #4 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

Here we are - day #4.  I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge.

One of my favorite things to do, is look through my collection of art books.  I have a few books on Amedeo Modigliani.  Today's painting #4 is inspired by Modigliani. 

After I finished her, she reminded me of "Downton Abbey".   So, I am calling her "Lady Margaret".  (Maggie Smith is my favorite character on the show!!) 

I added the black around her making it appear that she could be looking out of a window while being on the train.

Hope you enjoy my forth painting.  Each day it is a lot of fun viewing all the work of all the other 30 in 30 participants.  I love commenting on their works, and enjoy as well as appreciate when they comment on mine.

See you for Day 5.

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle

Joan

4 comments:

  1. I spotted the face and knew at once you too had discovered my favorite portrait artist. I love how you did this one., Thanks for sharing. Janene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so lovely! She has great style! Lady indeed! OH and I love Maggie too! I got my family (even my Dad) and a couple of friends hooked on Downton. Season 4 starts on my Birthday, what a great gift that is! Loving your work, such a joy to see it every day! Happy day 5 to you Joan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la Modi inspired! Love this piece, you keep evolving in your painting....amazing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a classy lady ;o) Very pretty ;o)

    ReplyDelete