Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Painting #28 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge


Yipee!  We are at Day #28 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.  Only 2 more days to go!

For today's painting, I am switching it up a bit.  This one is painted on a cedar fence board and it is from a little series I started a while back called "Dressed to the Nines!". 

I actually started this one a while ago and it was sitting in my 'ya gotta finish me sometime!" pile!! 

So...today was a good day to finish this bride and groom because I didn't have much time for painting as I would have liked to.  I'm not certain about the groom... but I am calling him done!  I guess that is what happens when you leave a painting sitting for too long...it's hard to get back into the groove of where you were when you originally started! 

Here are a few more "Dressed to the Nines" that have been finished for some time now:



Hope you enjoy this fun bunch!

See you for Day #29.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan



10 comments:

  1. It looks wonderfully finished Joan. What a fun series...they are all so much alike, but also so different. Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole fence made with them? Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. It was a fun series to do. And yes, I think it would be cool to paint a fence using several different images! (But out here in the Pacific Northwest aka "The Rainforest", the paintings would have to be heavily protected!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Joan! These are really cool! I love them! You are so talented and you come up with the best ideas. Love the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Samara. I wasn't sure about the groom, but after a while you just have to call it quits. This bunch was fun to do. I like to try all sorts of stuff. However, I must admit... I LOVE coming up with Vase Faces!

      Delete
  3. Joan these are so awesome! I love the two women, their outfits. And the lady with the flower. You know I love your flowers! the blue and purple, yellow and red. OK, I love them all. And I think he is done. I love how you gave him a big bump on his nose. (I have one of those!) ha ha you are so imaginative! I know what you mean, I am having a hard time getting back to those canvas boards I started, and that color palette had me so excited. Oh well, it will find me again when the time is right.
    High five in the air for you Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Sheila!! It is so exciting to read your enthusiastic and always very supportive comments! They are such a pick me up and very much sincerely appreciated. High five right back @ cha!

      Delete
  4. hello

    it is wonderful to see all your paintings
    so creative of you to do one on a fence board
    i think the tall and think shape is quite special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Tammie. A while back we had a new fence installed and I asked the guy if I could have the left overs! I store them in the garage to keep them out of the rain! They are cedar, and smell so good while I'm painting of them.

      Delete
  5. This is a real cool and wild series!!! I love how the "9" is in all of them!! Truly think they are great! You should sell your art! Or do you sell your art where you live? I keep checking your side bar for your paintings, but nothing is there. Take Care, hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the paintings from the "9"s!!!! I agree that you need to be selling these cool paintings. I have friends that would love these too!!!

    ReplyDelete