Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Painting #22 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge



Today starts week four of of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.  We are in the home stretch now!  Somehow I got ahead of the game and I have been able to finish paintings the night before.  This sort of schedule has been working out very well since there are so many other things to do that must get done.

Today's painting #22 was inspired by a Modigliani painting called "L'Amazone, 1909.  I liked all the colors he used for that painting so I used them for today's "Vase Face". 

I don't really have a name for this one yet, however, she looks to be in deep thought, calm, and serious. 

Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

See you for Day #23.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

4 comments:

  1. Joan this is wonderful. It almost looks to me as if there is a tear that has escaped. I love her features. Each of your faces is so completely different. The warm tones work well. They are comforting, like a warm fire. I still need to paint, so I better get to it. Happy Sunday to you, my talented artist friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Joan and it's very creative to use famous artists as sources of inspiration. Such a terrific idea. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I think this is one of my favorite paintings so far! I love how she is looking down! I love the feeling of it! The colors are beautiful too! ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Joan! Very expressive, calming and serene. Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete