Friday, September 20, 2013

My Painting #20 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge


Happy Day #20 Everybody!  My goodness 20 days into Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.

For today's painting, I actually had to paint it late yesterday (9/19/13) after I finished sewing all my orders!! Whew!  Talk about a busy but very productive day!  I wanted to complete today's painting a tad earlier because it is my husband's birthday today and I want to spend time with him.

I don't really have a name for this one yet...have to work on that.  As usual, to find inspiration, I was looking through one of my art books on Raoul Dufy.  He painted a beautiful painting called "Amongst the Flowers".  1907 in oil.  And I really liked the arrangement of the flowers and thought they would make a pretty Vase Face. 

Hope you like today's painting. 

See you for Day #21.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

3 comments:

  1. Joan your colors in this are wonderful! It almost looks to me, as if her eye is a cut out, and you are seeing the wall through it. Beautiful nose... I need work on noses. And I am drawn to the deep purple flower, it just pulls me in. Sort of seems to me, as if the flowers are reflections of her thoughts. Her beings. The bright and lively ones are what she shows to the world. And the purple seems to be sitting towards the back, hidden a bit, protected. Have a super weekend Joan - happy painting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the face in this one! Lots of emotion going on! You can see the passion in her eye!!!
    Happy birthday to you and your hubby! September is a great month ;o) I will do a dance for the both of you ;o)
    Crossing fingers painting, comes soon, please!!
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the face and the arrangement. There is something about her wide open eyes and sweet pink lips. Great job. I cannot believe you are putting out a face a day and getting other things done. I have to say you are doing a terrific job! Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete