Monday, September 2, 2013

My Painting #2 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

Hooray!  My Second day!   I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge.

This painting is called: "A Mother's Love". 

Earlier this year, I fell in love with and  purchased an awesome painting called "The Egghead Family Strolls Through The Park", painted by the very talented amazing artist:   Joanie Springer.  (Joanie is also participating in this 30 Paintings in 30 Days September 2013 Challenge!)

"A Mother's Love" is inspired by the painting I purchased from Joanie.

I am a mother to a beautiful human being!  Her name is McKenna.   My love for her is the root of this painting.  As I was painting it, I was thinking of how strong my love is as well as how strong "A Mother's Love" is in general.    I have had the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom throughout all of McKenna's childhood.  She is a remarkable young woman recently graduated from the University of Washington and is currently pursuing Graduate School.  

I hope you enjoy my second painting.  I am so very glad I joined this challenge because it is already a wonderful experience.  It is a lot of fun viewing the work of all the other people who are participating in this challenge.  I love leaving comments at their blogs as well as enjoy and appreciate when they visit mine.

See you for Day 3.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan





5 comments:

  1. this is a charming piece ~

    thank you for telling me about this other challenge.
    I think my days are too full to add anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, joan! your love shines through in this painting!

    thank you *so much* for your nice words at my place... yeah, i've had a fantastic summer and now it's turning into an exquisite fall...

    love,

    lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joan, how awesome that you were inspired by "eggheads". And I can feel that deep momma's love in this painting, too. How fortunate that you got to be a stay at home mom, a dream that eludes many. Thanks for the sweet mention, you never cease to amaze. Blessings! (oh yeah, and love that "break a bristle!")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, this is a stunning painting! So much emotion! I love what you wrote!!

    ReplyDelete