Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Painting #17 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge


Now we are on Day #17  of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.

For today's painting, I actually did start it a couple days ago, and put the finishing touches on it last night and today. 

It is called:  "Angel Wishes; Wishing You Peace".  As I have mentioned earlier, I love collecting Art Books as a way to find inspiration and as a way to practice.  While I was looking through one of my Marc Chagall books, I thought I would pick out some of my favorite images that he used and see what I could do with them. 

I love painting buildings, and the little bird was fun too.  The angel was a challenge, but I kept on going anyway.

Oh on yesterday's post, I introduced my FACEts.  Here is the very first FACEt that I painted before this 30 in 30 challenge started.  Again, it is most definitely inspired by Chagall:




Hope you enjoy today's painting.

See you for Day #18. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Hey Joan ;o) I know I am behind in your paintings. I will be around to comment on the others soon! I just saw this one and I had to comment on it first! Breath taking, stunning! I love the colors! I love the motion! I love the feeling! Well done!
    (I hope you get your painting soon! I am worried!)
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say, your very first face is wickedly cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with houses, birds and crazy hair gets my attention...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Joan! All of the elements come together so well. I love your angel, and her wild hair! This really is very dreamlike, perfect! I love you face too. The texture, the buildings... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joan! You are on an awesome roll! Love the angel and all the details around her, especially the bird. And your first FACEt is so cool. I love all the details in that one, especially the heart. Perfect spot for that and the houses, tree...it just blends so perfectly! You go girl!!! Rasz

    ReplyDelete