Monday, September 16, 2013

My Painting #16 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge


So we have started Week #3 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.

In addition to coming up with the idea for my "Vase Faces", I have also created what I am calling "FACEts". 

Here is a FACEt that I completed for today's painting.  It is inspired by Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss". 


Here is a side view that shows the 3D aspect of the painting.



I came up with this idea because I have a lot of tiny canvases that I didn't know what to do with.  One day, I thought "hmm... I could use them for individual eyes, noses, and mouths!".  Tomorrow, I will post a pic of the FACEt that I completed prior to starting the challenge! 

Hope you enjoy today's painting. 

See you for Day #17.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

5 comments:

  1. Oh I really like the use of the little canvases on top of a larger one. Very nice. Look forward to seeing the face from the beginning. It is so fun seeing all your faces! Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fabulous idea Joan! I painted faces today, but none of them turned out. I like the idea of painting "parts" and putting them together. How do you attach them? Awesome work Joan - Great features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheila,

      For the photo I just temporarily attached them with double sided tape. I haven't permanently attached them yet because I want to wax varnish them first - but because they are pretty light, I am going to try a heavy duty glue. It will be a trial and error sort of thing I reckon.

      Delete
  3. Wow Joan, what a great idea! Who would have thought? I love the way you used yours...so creative! I "+1" this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent idea!!! I love this so much!! You rock girl! Make sure you tell us if the heavy duty glue works!

    ReplyDelete