Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Painting #14 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

It is Day #14 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge.   Hooray!  Two Weeks Down and Two More to Go! 

See this proves that time certainly does fly by!  I can't believe today marks two weeks of Leslie's 30 in 30 painting challenge. 

For today's painting, I wanted to paint on a smaller canvas because I have a lot of orders to work on -  (Dog Collars, Harnesses, Cat Collars, and Snoods.) - which means I will be sewing all day today!  This one is 4" x 5".  I also wanted to use my stencils, so I stenciled the background with a cursive stencil.  I love bright colors, so she needed to stand out! 

I am calling her:  "The Writer".



I also wrapped the painting onto the sides:




She is the smallest Vase Face so far! 

See you for Day #15. 

Happy Painting!  Cheer! and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

8 comments:

  1. Funky and fun! I especially like how it wraps around. I'm afraid I am getting too caught up with this painting challenge and neglecting my REAL work which is quilting for customers. I guess I better get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan this is so cool! I really love the lettering, and her beauty mark. (I have one on top of my upper lip, so I always like to see them.) Gorgeous work! Enjoy your weekend Joan. Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorableness, Joan. Love the writing, and the whole decorated side thing. I certainly see a Modigiliani influence in your work....that's what inspired me to do faces initially too. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bright colors too! The Writer, is a good name for her! Love the birth mark ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work and your intro at the top of the page. Had to share it on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative Joan, love how you wrote on the side of it.

    ReplyDelete