Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Painting #12 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

It is Day #12 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge. 

I prepared today's painting yesterday.  I wanted to do another mixed media painting and then look at all the glued on magazine shapes to help me determine what to paint. 

I really do lean towards continuing with my "Vase Faces"!  Somehow a Vase Face always appears for me.  However, this one is with a twist!  I noticed a vase on a diagonal and thought what the heck!  So I painted it in the direction I noticed within the shapes. 

I am calling this one:  "Nobody's Perfect". 

Notice how the top of the painting is a corner!  I actually put a sawtooth hanger on the back of it so that the painting could hang this way! 

This was a lot of fun to do - something so out of the ordinary.  I am a true believer in dancing to your own beat!  Be yourself! 

Hope you enjoy today's painting.

See you on Friday, the 13th for our 13th painting. 

Happy Painting!  Cheers! and ... Break a Bristle. 

Joan

3 comments:

  1. She's a sweet one and I love the whole hanging from the corner thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% behind that way of thinking, the world of art is a great way to experience all kinds of things, ture.... why not diagonal :)
    If you have a gut feeling, to do something new just go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is excellent! I am so happy you follow your heart! Your Vase Faces call to you and that's what you should keep doing ;o)

    ReplyDelete