Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Painting #10 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Challenge

It is Day #10.  Man, the days sure disappear, don't they?  Anyhow, I am participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days - September 2013 Daily Painting Challenge! 

Today also was the first day of a three week online workshop that I am taking called:  "Her Story"  by Danielle Daniel and hosted by Christy Tomlinson. 

For today's lesson, we had several drawing exercises.  One of the exercises was to draw using a pen so that it couldn't easily be erased.  Plus we also had timed sketches and lots of other fun stuff. 

So for today's painting, I looked around the front room trying to find an object to sketch very quickly using a permanent pen!  (This sketch was finished in approximately 10 minutes. And then I added color by using watercolor pencils.) I found a framed photo I have displayed of my daughter collecting leaves at the park across from our house.  When she was a toddler, we loved autumn days and the falling leaves!  There are so many beautiful leaves in autumn.  It was always so much fun collecting leaves.  (And to this day, we still collect leaves!)

I am calling this sketched drawing:  "Collecting Magical Leaves".

Hope you enjoy today's sketch.

Happy Painting!  Cheers!  and ... Break a Bristle.

Joan

3 comments:

  1. this is adorable!
    i love sketching with pen
    it makes me see before i lay down lines
    some how it helps me to feel more free not care, because i can not erase anyway. again, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable is right. You are a storyteller artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, I think this is one of my favorites so far! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete