Friday, May 31, 2013

* Imagine * Dream * Wish *

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest ~ specifically Washington State.   Thank you for stopping by.  A little while ago, I was looking at some of my Mixed Media magazines and I was inspired to try one of my own.  This one is called:  * Imagine  *  Dream  *  Wish *.

It is made up of fabric, cording, rhinestones, embroidery, a tiara piece from an old hair clip, and images that I found at The Graphics Fairy.  (Boy, how I love The Graphics Fairy! )  If you are not familiar with The Graphics Fairy, let me tell ya.... this is the blog to explore when you are looking for images to use in your art projects.  Karen has thousands of royalty free images that she makes available for anyone to use and ... they are FREE for the takin'.   There are so many wonderful images it is truly difficult deciding which ones to use.

I used a cedar plank for my surface and added acrylic paints.



I really love painting and creating on wood because of all the wonderful textures that show through.

Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend.

Cheers!

Joan

4 comments:

  1. So many things to see in this piece Joan...very creative!!! I am sure I've said before somewhere, maybe here...I love stitching. It looks so cool in artwork. Stitches to me make me think homemade, comfort, charm. And of course any piece of art with a tutu and ballet shoes has my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, I love your creation! It is so pretty! I love the words you picked! Thanks for the link to Graphics Fairy ;o) Have a great weekend ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how I love your piece :) such a wonderful creation and those yummy colors...soooo lovely :) AND thank you for the blogtip I will check it out now ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the texture coming through! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete