Friday, May 24, 2013

More attempts at Sketching

Back in January, Joanie Springer mentioned that she does quick daily sketches.  So, I thought I would give it a try and do the same thing.  She suggested timing yourself for three minutes.  So here is one of the quick sketches I did back in January: 

Now keep in mind, I am very new to drawing, painting.

I wanted to try sketching from a magazine and this time I did not time myself.

Here is how it turned out:

Sketching sure is a lot of fun !!

I enjoyed using the photo as my guide and then switching things up a bit.

So what cha think?

Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone!

Joan

6 comments:

  1. wonderful scetches! Love the flowers surrounding her head :) reminds me to do more sketching (I always grab my colors too soon ;) ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Joan,

    so good to see your drawings. always wonderful to hear that someone is having fun breathing life into art. i absolutely agree. thank you for stopping by. so nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Joan! I think the drawing from the house is cool and I love your eye on the girl! Have a great weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi joan,

    thank you for your nice words over at my place... i appreciate them!

    i love what you did with the magazine face! whenever i try to draw faces from magazines they look *nothing* like the original! it sure is fun, though...

    i wish you happy days of painting... : )

    lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did an amazing job on your sketches. I love the quirky lines in your house, it has a lot of character drawn that way. Your face turned out pretty. I love to draw faces from magazines too. It helps me to draw eyes differently because I tend to always draw them the same.

    ReplyDelete