Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Living in Harmony - Mixed Media Cat & Bird

I have been working with mixed media these days.  I love using gel medium as a glue with paper, fabrics and tissue.  It is a very relaxing process gluing a variety of items to each project.

Last summer we had a new wooden fence built, and I asked the builder if I could have all the 6" wide scraps of cedar boards.  I love painting and gluing on Cedar.  It truly smells wonderful.

This is the first step of using a piece of that cedar I am now calling:  "Living in Harmony":

I started off by gluing fabric squares:

 Then I added tissue paper, images of a Bird, daisies, leopard print using  paper napkins, and sheet music, plus a few stamps:


Here is the finished product:

This truly was a lot of fun! 

Happy Creating Everyone.

Joan


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh pretty! I love the finished piece. Love how you brought all the elements together into one bright and beautiful painting. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete