Friday, December 7, 2012

Here is another completed painting using texture as a background.  This time, I tried using lace ribbon.  It created a really cool texture, however, it was very difficult to paint over.

A close up view:

I am very glad that I stumbled upon The Trodden Path.  They offer several FREE online art classes in addition to classes that you pay for.  The name of this class is:  Ten Textures & A Folk Art Tree.  It is taught by Jane DesRosier.  She is also the creator of The Trodden Path.

Being very new to art, I didn't realize you can add a variety of textures to backgrounds and this class covers every step of the way!

Until Next Time,

Joan

P.S.  I am very proud of myself.   I am not very computer savvy, and I usually default by getting help from my daughter on the simple tasks of photo editing, resizing and such.  However, I have decided that I need to be a big girl and do these simple tasks for myself.  I am teaching myself how to use Picasa, and to my surprise -- I did it!!  Here is a photo cropped, resized, and enhanced color changing:  Not bad for a beginner if I do say so myself.  Oh, plus I added a watermark, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment